Monday, October 3, 2011

Bad News


When I receive bad news, my response to it is different in every situation. If I was at work, I would need to control my reaction to the bad news and not freak out. I know to keep everything to myself and keep calm. I cannot make a scene at work, especially in front of higher staff such as managers and my boss. However, if I receive bad news at home, I do have the right to act however I would like, but acting out will not get me any further than staying calm would. Inside my head, I am extremely angry; just like anyone else would be. I can feel my emotions turning upset down. When your head is full of anger and bad thoughts, this has a great opportunity of effecting your response. A good idea would be to take a thirty minute break and walking away from the computer. That way it gives you time to relax and calm down. Also, try and think of any positives there may be from this situation. An example would be if I did a project for my job and they had told me they were going to use my ideas from the project. Later, I got an email saying they changed their mind. I would be extremely mad, but because this pertains to work, I must act calm and positively respond back.

No comments:

Post a Comment